At the Track

We'll note happenings at the national and local levels of racing.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Some things just aren't right

This isn't about motorsports, but it is about vehicles, horsepower and paint schemes.

Some things just aren't right.

At first it was the Cadillac Escalade. We both know there is no way someone with enough paycheck to buy a Cadillac is going to be driving through a mud bog.

Really. I'm just saying. They aren't the off-road types in general.

Same thing goes for the Porsche - yes, Porsche - SUV or Cross-over parked in downtown Huntington the other day. That's a speed breed, not something you should be taking cross country.

Then I saw a pink Jeep Cherokee. Pale pink, but still pink. Picture that off-road. It wasn't a Mary Kay car. Just a pink Cherokee. But yes, Mary Kay does put out a pink Cadillac SUV for its folks. A pretty, pearlized pink. Very feminine color.

And by the way, have you seen the Pepto-pink Hummer? That's just wrong on every level. A Pink Hummer. If I was going to pay that kind of money for a huge, tank-like, gas-guzzling, get outta my way, serious emissions damaging the environment vehicle, I sure wouldn't want it the color of a stomach medicine. I don't have issues with the type of vehicle and the carbon footprint you leave behind. Just the color. Black, Gunmetal Gray maybe, but not pink in any way, shape or form.

And let's not get into the stretch-Hummer limosine. What must gas for that cost? My Taurus tank carries a hefty enough price tag.

This isn't a criticism of any of these car owners. I'm certain these folks love their vehicles and seriously considered the purchases.

OK, I'm done. Thanks for letting me rant about vehicles that just don't make a lot of sense to me.

No comments: