At the Track

We'll note happenings at the national and local levels of racing.

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Keep ‘em coming




I’ve been getting some good NASCAR entries for our Valentine’s Day/Daytona 500 stories, but I want more!

Did you meet your sweetie or spouse at a race either nationally or locally. Maybe you were at a restaurant or sportsbar watching racing and found someone special. Or maybe, like me, you just met people tailgating and struck up friendships (we e-mail a lot and plan to hang out at Lowe’s Motor Speedway.)

Write and tell us about your love affair with NASCAR speed. Send us photos of you and your favorite driver or fun pictures you’ve taken at the track.


Here's a snap I took at LMS in October, 2005, of Jimmie Johnson and "Humpy" Wheeler at the winner's champagne toast following the race. The Mark Martin photo was at Darlington, taken by my friend, Larry Keesee.

Let’s show the Tri-State and the nation just how much West Virginia loves racing!

To whet your appetite a little, I have stories from two ladies on the west coast, Deb Dimminger of Redwood City, Calif., and Leesa Said Davidson of Redmond, Wash., who is Boris Said’s sister.

So come on, send in your stories and photos! Deadline is Monday.

2 comments:

Rachel Gensler said...

THAT JUST HAPPENED!!!!

I'll say it again. Shake and Bake.

Lee Ann Welch said...

Well, oldnumbr7 your wish is my pleasure.

What started out as a why I love NASCAR story has turned into a bigger thing than anticipated. So, it's going to run the day of the Daytona 500.

Fans meeting Richard Petty, getting jobs with raceteams, being a Victory Junction volunteer, folks with racerooms, well you get the idea.

I appreciate your knowledge, oldnumbr7. So how about it, you got a good personal story? Meet a driver, race yourself? Got a cool piece of memorabilia, piece of a track or the like?

I'd love to hear about it, too.