At the Track

We'll note happenings at the national and local levels of racing.

Thursday, January 4, 2007

Meet the new NASCAR blogger

Power, pride, passion. Those are the watchwords of the NASCAR Members Club and that’s how I feel about racing.

Growing up, my mother took me along to Riverside Drag Strip and the track at Ona. As I grew up, I grew away from that interest, but it’s been renewed in the past five or six years.

I hope that we can all have a healthy exchange of news and thoughts about racing along with local track happenings. We have lots of local racers and hopefully, they’ll jump in with some comments and keep us all up to date with their activities.

Well, I can’t wait to get going, so start your engines and I’ll see you At the Track.

-LeeAnn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lee Ann,

Who is your favorite racer?

Who is your least favorite racer?

This blog site rules!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Leeann, ah yes Riverside dragstrip remember it well both the 1/4 and 1/8 mile version, as far as NASCAR love it, Way back when they aired two or three races a year on the local channels, Good luck be reading more about this soon I hope. jb,

Lee Ann Welch said...

Well, deep down inside I'm a Roush Racing girl. But when Mark Martin was going to retire (the first time) I searched for a new driver.
I found Tony Stewart - he can flat drive the wheels off anything with a steering wheel. (I'd hate to see him coming up behind me on the interstate in a Hummer!)
No matter how much I like Tony, I'm still a Roush gal.
As for the other end of the spectrum, the J&J combo rank low on my list - Jimmie and Jeff. I did take great pleasure at Charlotte in October when Jimmie didn't win and Jeff qualified 41st.
Let's keep things rolling, only 43 days to Daytona!

Anonymous said...

is this going to be used to bash drivers that lee ann doesn't like?? If so maybe everyone won't want to participate. I'm a J&J fan, but I don't feel a need to bash others. I was hoping this would be chatter between fans who like nascar (all drivers have fans).

Lee Ann Welch said...

OK, back up a minute. When J&J do good stuff, we'll talk about it. They just aren't my cup of tea.

In Jimmie's defense, when he and Tony had an on-track tiff at Charlotte in 2005's fall race, I still gave him props for being the winner. But this fall it was just nice to see someone else win at Lowe's, it's not just Jimmie's sponsor, it's been pretty much his track the last couple of years.

Now, Jimmie's a great driver, otherwise he wouldn't have the hardware that goes with "Champion."