At the Track

We'll note happenings at the national and local levels of racing.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Why watch on Sunday?

There are three types of people who will be watching the NASCAR finale at Homestead on Sunday.

1. Jimmie Johnson fans.

2. Everyone hoping Jimmie Johnson finishes 37th or worse.

3. Folks hoping Roush drivers Jamie McMurray, Matt Kenseth or David Ragan will take out Jimmie Johnson, thereby letting Carl Edwards take the title and move The Biff to second place.

Hey, it's possible. The only thing for certain is I'm not in the #1 group. That being said, I'll give Jimmie his props - he's had a great three straight years. Love him or not, he's got the hardware to say "I'm a winner!" And, should he make it three straight, I'll get out the Jimmie Johnson car flag and a Lowe's Racing shirt and you'll see me with them on this blog, three-finger salute to the champ.

Seriously, why are we going to watch? As much as I love Flipper and The Biff, and considering Homestead is usually a ho-hum snoozer of a race, I'll probably flip on (no pun intended) a movie until church time Sunday night or take the dog for walkie and fetch the toy time.

I'll check in on the race from time to time on my Sprint cell phone with NASCAR application (thank you, Sprint).

Just in case.

No comments: